Fun with Google!

Monday, May 4, 2009


This is not just directed at fellow bloggers but I'm sure you 'gers will appreciate the fun I have each day with Google Analytics and Google Alerts.  This might sound crazy-narcissistic but I have a google alert out for myself, as well as anything Gocco, of course.  What I have learned about myself is that I am either really good at sports or I am dead--fortunately and unfortunately.  Every Katie Stephenson alert is either an obituary or some kind of sports update--softball and whatnot.  Of course, I only have that alert so that I will know when someone mentions me or my blog.  The Gocco alert is how I keep fresh and up-to-date in the print Gocco world.  I get up-to-the-minute updates whenever anyone types the word Gocco and hits "publish."  Pretty cool this internet thing.  Probably my favorite of all things Google are the keyword notifications in the analytics program.  I've learned an awful lot about what you people are searching before you come to me.  Someone out there is fervently researching the "Gocco patent"  Go, Go--whoever you are!  Someone else wants to "save the gocco, please"  loved that one-so polite, you are!  Probably the oddest one I've seen was the "hard core p*rno u-tube" note.  Ehwww.  No clue how that one came to me.  I hope he (or she) was not disappointed once here.   Sorry, I did not want to type the whole word in fear that even more strange traffic would come my way.  People seem very interested in the Yudu as a replacement for Gocco, and I also get a lot of traffic to the G.E. #5 Flash bulbs info page and the Gocco pricing info page.  Innneresting.  What a great tool.  If you are a blogger and are not signed up for an analytics program, please do so now.   If you use the Google version, it's free!  Such a wealth of knowledge, it can't be beat.  

4 comments:

Jessica Nichols said...

Here visiting from BYW, I have been wanting a Gocco for almost two years now and lo & behold can't get my hands on one of course. So I perked right up when I read about your blog today. What a handy post too, I had made a note to look into Google Alerts and well, now I'm inspired to go set some up. Thanks! I'll be back to check on your noble mission to save Gocco.

mariska said...

HI Everybody!!!
well actually have no idea how to begin, i found this nice blog while searching for any information about Gocco printers.My company worked with Riso Gakagu for a while in the past (well it's about in the 90's... ) then stopped. Actually have no idea why :D.
the question is :... is there anybody still interested in this nice printes and theyr colors? We were arranging to clean an old stockroom and found lots of that printers. Most of them are still new and no-used !! And i'm sorry we have to throw anything in the waste...
is there anybody that could be interested in that priters or that could help me to found a way not to dump them ??????? i will log on flikr in order to search for interested ...

Art Wall Katie said...

Mariska- I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. You could try selling on Etsy, Ebay, or there is a Gocco Yahoo group where people sell their printers, too. Feel free to contact me at paperdaystudio@gmail.com if you have any further questions. Whatever you do ...DON'T throw them away. Let's keep them out of a landfill and make a few people happy. Cheers!

Elle said...

I have a Google Analytics account but I have had no time to understand what all the info really means. I love Google Alerts but I never thought to put an alert on my name. I will go and do that now;)

Post a Comment